MSB brainstorming

20 October 2013

"Panels, Covers and Viewers: My Mongrels of Painting, Installation and Comics", from February 2006


As my contribution to a panel presentation on "Gallery/Museum Comics" in the CAA conference (the American and international association of art historians), I presented my own work, which is a "mongrel" combination of installation, painting and comics, and am discussing it in relationship to the definition of comics (sequentiality, word and image, closure, iconosequentiality, etc.), the influence and confluence of comics and fine art, as well as viewers' relationship to the works from the perspectives of both "high" and "low" art --- furthermore, how this art arises from my own personal experiences and background. For the almost full text of my speech, click here. From February 2006.

No comments: